You Found Me....

FELIZ CINCO DE MAYO!

Graduation is done!!

I know it has kind of taken me awhile to write this post but it has been a CRAZY past couple weeks.



I officially graduated Brigham Young University on Thursday/Friday April 23/34 2009!! It was wonderful! We first had Commencement on Thursday where President Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson. They were great speakers and it was kind of nerve wracking doing the "processional" thing and walking by them. Scary! I had to do the typical graduation and feel like an idiot while my parentals and family were trying to find me in the MASS of graduates. The texting conversation is definitely a keeper. :) So then they pronounced everyone an official graduate. But of course you have to go through Convocation to actually be considered a graduate I guess.

Convocation was on Friday and was just wonderful. I wore my new graduation outfit and walked across the stage (WITHOUT TRIPPING!!) and received my diploma case. They won't send you the diploma until a few weeks later. Then we did the pictures outside and all that jazz. Lissa came up with Andrew to take some family pics for me and it was so nice of her! And they turned out great!! Thanks Lissa!






After graduation was just fun after fun. :) Got to spend some time with my aunt, uncle, cousin, grandma and so forth. Always fun to get the family together. We had some amazing WIZARD tournaments. Great game.

Sunday morning my parents and Chris flew back and Cory and started our long trek home. And let me tell you, it was VERY entertaining to pack up all my stuff the day before. I had SO MUCH STUFF! By the end I was just tossing stuff away and cramming stuff into my car where there were any spaces. Dad had some idea what he wanted to do with some plastic wrap stuff from Home Depot and then these ratcheting things. I don't know but it looked pretty funny.

After our eventful drive. I had one day to unpack everything and then my birthday. :) And then my first day of work! My work schedule has been pretty normal. I work from about 10:30 to about 7:00. So not as bad as the Bookstore hours! Well until the weekends, and then I bite the bullet and work 11:00 to 8:00. But closing at Molbak's is SOO much easier than closing the Bookstore. People actually leave on time! It is simply wonderful. Oh and I don't have to wait until all the registers are in, I can just leave once I start getting all the customers out of the area. WONDERFUL!

So my day at work consists of helping customers, re-stocking plants, and answering a lot of questions I have no idea what the answers are. Even my horticultural classes didn't prep me very well. And the fact that all my classes were in Utah and there are VERY different from the plants here in Washington. But I am learning everyday! It is great to work with everyone at Molbak's, they are so nice! And of course I get to work with plants which is great!! I always find a new plant I want each day but I don't have any room at home to plant them! I really want to start a tomato plant in my backyard but I would have to put it in a pot because we have like NO place to plant it! Thank you Dad and his entire backyard a sport court idea. :)

In a nutshell, that is my life so far. I got to work, come home and then just chillax with the family until the next day of work comes along. :) It is nice to have a reliable schedule and a full-time job. :) Let's just hope it is longer than seasonal! Gotta love Molbak's! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home