I would just like to tell everyone that I have completed Breaking Dawn! For those of you who do not know this book, and what it means in the lives of most of the Stephenie Meyer fanatics; Breaking Dawn is the final installment of the Twilight series.

I promise I am not as obsessed as those crazed fanatics around the world who were waiting months, days, minutes, and milliseconds until the book was released. I just borrowed a copy from my roommate when she finished the book. Quite simple huh?

I have been reading it sparingly since Saturday, and I was a little nervous for all the negative hype there has been on the Internet. (By the way Shayne did you notice I capitalized the "I" in Internet??) But I have to say after reading it all the way through, I am pleased with the outcome.

People were complaining about her lack of intimacy scenes. Come on people! She is a Mormon author who needs to make her audience pleased with a relationship between a vampire and a human! I think she did just a fine job, thank you very much! And let me tell you, it is made up with the crazy twists in this final book!

I guess I really shouldn't call it the final book because everyone has been telling me there will be more books. Not from Bella's perspective but from other characters. Whatever, it is the final book of the series for me. Alright?

After reading the book I really enjoyed it and felt it was a good and happy ending for the series. For all of those who thought Bella was going to choose Jacob in the end... Ha! I have to admit I am an Edward fan all the way! And for those Jacob fans, don't worry he gets something even better out of the deal with Bella and Edward.

So all those Twilight-haters, stop complaining and just read the books! You will see that there are some who are obsessed, but there are some who just enjoy a good read. And also it's overall just a happy story (and yes a love story but some fighting in it too!). Read it!! And then after you can have your own opinion on the book. Thanks!

1 Comment:

  1. Shayne said...
    Kendra, very nice that you capped I in Internet! I just finished Breaking Dawn myself. And I like it. Hope to blog a bit on it soon. Best to you.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home